Saturday, February 12, 2011

Penguin Mints


A shocking series of highs and lows in my life has restricted me from reviewing on a regular basis lately. I almost gave up and got rid of NRG Drink Euphoria because of all the stuff I have went through recently. I realized I had to hang on and I did and now I am back with a review of Penguin Mints. I saved the original for last because they didnt seem to pique my interest like the other flavors but I still have high hopes for them.

Taste: To describe it simply, its a good ol' fashioned mint. I ate 20 or more while doing biology homework and listening to Metallica and Nirvana. I couldnt stop gourging on these delicious mints and then I finally was out and was very saddened. How could I be out of these delicious mints? To put it in simple terms, the mints were so damn goood that whe my supply ran out I was severely angered and got pissed, and then threw my shoe at a cat. That just comes to show you how powerful addiction is. Rating 9 out of 10

Buzz: Same as the others, just what we all expected. I cant really go into a detailed review on the buzz for a third time, but I can say they pack a moderate caffeine serving and it takes alot to get your desired energy amount. One Penguin is the caffeine equivalent of one cola beverage, so 3 is the strength of a Pepsi. Strong, no, decent, sure why not? Rating 6 out of 10

Overall Mint Rating 7.5 out of 10

Look: The original's look follows the same pattern as the previous two. The majority of this tin is black and white (like a penguin) and yellow. I think the colors work nicely and deliver an attractive package to look at. They do give a clear idea of about how much caffeine is in one mint, but no definite amount so they get half credit. All in all, the original Penguins are in a nice package, and stand out well among other mint tins.

Overall Look Rating 7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment