Monday, January 10, 2011

Mountain Dew


Right now your probably thinking why the hell is Mountain Dew being reviewed on an energy drink site. Well, I consider Mountain Dew the to be the first great energy soda. With the amounts of caffeine found in drinks now, it seems like Dew is just a regular soda, but this is the most highly caffeinated drink sold in drink machines if that says anything. But I am reviewing Dew because it meets my caffeine quota of a soda to have the same amount or above of a Diet Dew.

Taste: This is a site for energy drink junkies, correct?? Mountain Dew is the gateway drink to energy drinks so if you consider yourself a junkie and have never had Mountain Dew, well your a fucking poser. Yeah thats right I said it. Now that that is out of the way lets get started. Dew is a flavor we all know,or most of us at least. My main thing against Dew is the slight dryness left in your mouth, but everything else is virtually perfect. The taste is a classic citrus soda, a little more carbonated and overly sweetened than most. There is no after taste with Dew, another real positive. To cut my ranting short, Mountain Dew is the king of all sodas in the taste category, no questions asked. Rating 8 out of 10

Buzz: Disappointment time. My energy soda scale ranges from the 53 mgs of a diet dew to about 90 mgs of caffeine. So Dew exceeds my caffeine limit by one. I like the drink, but as far as a caffeine buzz, this is noting to me. It is however a nice drink, and I have a love affair with Dew. In my lifetime, I have had every single Dew made. I will be a little less hard and give them a 4. Rating 4 out of 10

Overall Drink Rating 6 out of 10

Look: The look of Dew has changed alot over a span of years. The newest design has what appears to be mountains in the background and I really love the color scheme of it all. My first problem comes from the logo. Its Mountain Dew, not Mtn Dew. I never really caught on to the Mtn Dew thing, I always preferred the old logo. But other than that they did every thing right, nice color scheme and a caffeine listing. Dew gets a decent rating for this can.

Overall Look Rating 6 out of 10

1 comment:

  1. I second that, Mountain due is just perfect.

    Stan Susmanon

    ReplyDelete