Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cheetah Power Surge

This is two milestones for me, my first foreign and caffeine-free energy drink. As far as the foreign part, this is a product of Canada, and I am pretty excited to sample it. The caffeine-free part is a let down, no caffeine usually means a very small buzz. I commend companies branching outwards to try and develop new ways of making great energy drinks but taking caffeine out isnt good, but my buzz rating will have to change a little for these drinks.

Taste: It tasted like candied Red Bull, no joke. And actually, It is lots better than Red Bull. This is one of those few drinks that I just really enjoy, but find repulsive at the same time. On this occasion, I belive the enjoyment takes charge and this drink delivered a very enjoyable taste. There wasn't an after taste which I was glad to see, and everything is done well here, and I am very glad to see this. Unfortuantly, I can not give this above a 7, I just cant do it. Rating 7 out of 10

Buzz: I am reviewing this as a kudos review. I am not actually implying this is a killer drink, just that they tried hard enough to give me a buzz that I know I am not gonna feel. Ok, so they packed 946 mgs of ginkgo, 473 mgs of Chinese ginseng, 473 mgs of Siberian ginseng, and 817 mgs of royal jelly. They abviously tried very hard here indeed. Two types of ginseng, ginkgo, and royal jelly which comes from honey bees is a not actually hardcore, but they put wicked amounts in here and made a valiant effort, and wholly deserve credit for their drink. Rating 10 out of 10
***This drink was weak, it gets kudos for being caffeine free and trying hard***

Overall Drink Rating 8.5 out of 10

Look: The package is a failure for sure. It comes in a standard 16 oz can, but the design is shrink wrapped on. If the shrink wrap wasnt bad enough, the design of it is repulsive and bland. There is way to much text on the front with the combination of French and English and the logo is just flat out horrible. I was impressed with this drink as a drink, but the design work is terrible. I wish they would revise this, but I have to say this is hands down worst packaging I have come across.

Overall Look Rating 2 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment