Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mountain Dew Code Red

\
Mountain Dew Code Red is probably one of the best Dews there is and definitly has got to be one of my favorite cherry sodas. I have been drinking on these and White Out all week, and I have grown used to walking to my room and pulling them out a chuggin, but I am out now. I also mixed an Energy Catalyst with one and energized that mofo. I have to say, Code Red is probably my favorite Dew and definitly deserves that distinction.

Taste: This is a great cherry soda, it is just amazing how good it tastes. I have been drinking these for a week and still have found no evident flaws in them. I have to say, I dont thing Mountain Dew is capable of creating a bad drink. Code Red is defintly a great drink, and I am running out of stuff to say about it. Well, lets just say this bad boy is damn good. Rating 9 out of 10

Buzz: 54 mgs of caffeine, usual Dew. I dont have much I can say to this anymore, but I will describe my experience with Code Red and Energy Catalyst. That little mixer amped this drink up to 154 mgs of caffeine, and that happens to be the exact amount I want in the next Mountain Dew flavor. I got a nice buzz from this and the mixer definitly did its job of creating the perfect Dew. Unfortunatly, that doesn't affect the end rating for Code Red which is like I said only 54 mgs. I still love it but it is still a disappointment in this category. Rating 4 out of 10

Overall Drink Rating 6.5 out of 10

Look: Code Red has never had a packaging update. It still looks the same as it did when it first came out. It doesnt have the new logo, no new can design, no new anything. This is ,however, a good thing on the logo part because I prefer the old logo. But everything else limits it, the can design is just ok, the fact caffeine is listed is good, and the old logo is good. In all reality, Code Red falls short for my usual standard for a Dew can.

Overall Look Rating 6 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment